Tips To Find The Steps For How To Clean Carpet
Versatility, aesthetics, warmth and practicality all combine together in the most widely used flooring item, Carpet. If home décor is one reason, hiding the ugly floor scars might be the other reason for carpeting a floor. Carpets have been in use since ages to adorn just a drawing room, sometimes a bed room and even wall to wall carpeting for the entire home. Despite its popularity and common use, the biggest challenge a carpet poses to its users is its cleaning. Unlike marble or wood flooring, carpet cleaning is quite tricky.
Carpet cleaning is important not only for the life of a carpet itself but for the health of users too. Contaminated carpets are the biggest source of allergy and health problems. But cleaning them is not as easy as mopping a floor. It demands employing right strategies and techniques on a regular basis. We present here some tips to make carpet cleaning easy for.
Pre Cleaning Steps for Carpet cleaning
Carpet cleaning doesn’t start right away with cleaning. It requires care and caution to be taken before starting the cleanup process.
- The first step is to figure out the carpeting material, soiling conditions as well as the areas or spots with stains on the carpet. This is essentially important to choose a cleaning technique in order to get rid of bothering stains. Sometimes the stains are so strong that are hard to be removed permanently. If you are cleaning your carpet at home, remove the furniture or any other decoration stuff to make cleaning uninterrupted.
Cleaning Steps for Carpet cleaning
After initial inspection, now starts the cleaning process.
- Before washing or treating the carpet with any chemical solution, it is advisable to remove the dust from carpet. A household vacuum cleaner serves the job well. Even the professional cleaners do the same with their pre-vacuum machinery.
- Based on the pre-cleaning identification, treat the stains accordingly. Carpet powders and shampoos are commonly available in market which can be used to clean the dirty area. An important consideration while carpet cleaning is to avoid over-wetting it. It will not only delay the drying process but will also make the soft carpet turned hard. The carpet cleaning companies use Hot water extraction methods to remove deeply embedded soil and spots from the carpet. In case of light soiled carpet, a sponge or an absorbent material with a solvent is enough to clean at home.
- If stains are resistant, Dry extraction at professional cleaners will be the right technique. Interestingly, many kitchen items can be very handy for domestic cleaning. Ink, juice and wine stains can be removed through blotting using Vinegar and water mixture. Baking soda can do wonders to remove the coffee stains from carpet. Ice cube is another handy trick to remove gum that is the most troublesome stain to get rid of. Both vinegar and baking soda are tried and tested home remedies for typical nauseous smells.
Post Cleaning Steps for Carpet cleaning
- Professional carpet cleaners give a final touch to the washed carpet through Carpet Grooming machines. This enhances the life of a carpet. At home, be careful for the first day especially after cleaning. Avoid keeping the furniture back on the carpet as well as walking much on it for a day.
Though carpet cleaning is perceived to be tedious, the tips discussed here are simple yet handy to make it easy for you. Even a little effort at home can make a huge difference in keeping your carpet look fresh and new for many years to come.
Writter By Joey Peter
Joey Peter is currently associated with American Window Cleaning. He has a number of years of experience in window, carpet and upholstery cleaning services. He currently resides in Oceanside, California and enjoys writing informative blogs in his spare time.
Tags: Carpet Cleaning Steps, carpet cleaning tips, Clean Carpet, DIY Carpet Cleaning