How to Remove Old Stains from Carpet
Stains are disaster, especially if they form their place on your beautiful carpet. Carpet cleaning is a tedious job, because the fur or the material of carpet is not like something which could be cleaned every now and hence, and proper time and cleaning material has to be invested to let the carpet look beautiful, stay neat and go on as good as new for long duration of time. Some stains are overlooked mainly because we aren’t too active in the process of cleaning, or it just got hung on the carpet at areas which are not clearly visible, this makes the stains old, hence hard to remove. Thus, we’d discuss on how to remove old stains from carpet.
Here’s what you should know before you start?
There are a certain things that you’ll have to keep in mind, before starting the process.
- Do not rub the stains, rubbing would exaggerate them, and will put you under more pressure of cleaning it.
- Simply blot the stain. Blotting is done using a cotton cloth, where in the process the stain is absorbed, which decreases its intensity.
- Use a spot remover rather, they are designed specifically to remove stains, and thus provide a professional service.
Here’s the process for best results!
You can carry on the process conveniently using hydrogen peroxide that works best on removing stain out of carpet. Below mentioned are the simple steps that would let you get rid of the oldest stains in your carpet.
- Put hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle, which allows easy spray to the stain effected area.
- Spray the solution on the old stain, wherever found. Make sure you do not cover the areas beyond stain, and this will spread the stain further.
- Let the solution sit on the stain for approximately 10-15 minutes. This will let the stain particles get loose, making it easy for you to remove them.
- For loosening up the stain particles, you can further use a stiff brush and let the process get quick and easy.
- Here comes the need of a steam vac, which would work wonders on removing the peroxide mixture in combination with the stain particles from carpet.
- Carrying the process further, you’ll need to use soft cotton cloth which shall be put to absorb the mixture, just as is done in the process of blotting.
The process mentioned above is definitely doing to make you carpet look much cleaner than before. The same process could be carried on with other home-made carpet cleaning solutions, including club soda, salt water, vinegar, liquid dish wash, etc. All of these work really well in keeping your carpet ultimately clean and of course hygienic enough not to bring any kind of health disorders to the family members. Carpet cleaning is a tough job, especially if you do not know the right method of doing so. Thus, make sure you use the information mentioned online, and then accomplish the process like a pro.
Tags: Remove Old Stains from Carpet
Categorised in: how to clean carpet stains